Monday, July 12, 2010

No way to paraphrase...

Hola.
I want everyone to know, it is really really difficult for me to not be able to write everyone as often as I want to, there is just so much to do. There just isn't enough time to write everyone, but I haven't forgotten you, and I love you!

This past Friday Elder Hilton and I had just finished our companionship study around 8:30 p.m., so we took some time for personal study until we had to be in at 9:00. Each day I am reading the Book of Mormon, out loud in Spanish. As I was doing this a companionship from our advanced district (pretty much, those who are native speakers or already spoke Spanish well, who left today actually - they were here for 3 weeks) started talking with me. They asked me (in Spanish) if I had any worries or if there was something I was nervous about regarding the mission. I told them I was still a little unsure about expressing the thoughts and feelings of my mind and heart. Elder Alvarado (I'm pretty sure that's his name...) opened up to 2 Nephi 31 and we read together (this was also in Spanish). We started in verse 5 and traded off every other verse.

I came to verse 13 and read these words, "Wherefore, my beloved brethren, I know that if ye shall follow the Son, with full purpose of heart, acting no hypocrisy and no deception before God, but with real intent, repenting of your sins, witnessing unto the Father that ye are willing to take upon you the name of Christ, by baptism--yea, by following your Lord and your Savior down into the water, according to his word, behold then shall ye receive the Holy Ghost; yea, then cometh the baptism of fire and of the Holy Ghost; and then can ye speak with the tongue of angels..." As I read this last part the Spirit burned within my heart. I know the Spanish language will come, but it is the language of the Spirit that will bring others unto Christ. I love you all. My time is up. Thanks for all of you love and support. I pray for you every day!!!!!
Love,
Elder Fagersten

No comments:

Post a Comment