Wednesday, September 28, 2011

August 20, 2011

Hola,

Well, here in the office we have our preparation day on Saturdays, so, emails will now come on Saturdays! Last week, we went to the Rock of Gibraltar! It was a lot of fun, even though it was a really hot, long, sweaty hike to the top. We all enjoyed it a lot. There are a bunch of monkeys there and they are really, really accustomed to the people. I didn't want one to climb on me (I didn't think they were very sanitary...haha) but we saw them climb on other people. People give them food, so they are always looking for something to eat when they see people. Afterward, we bought some delicious smoothies. Oh, another thing about Gibraltar is that it is actually part of Great Britain. So, I went to a different country! Haha! We had to show the police our passports in order to cross the border.

I have really enjoyed my time so far in Fuengirola. Each day, I learn more and strengthen my testimony of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. It is an amazing thing. I feel such a great amount of love for each of you. I love you! I know that Heavenly Father loves you, and I know that Jesus Christ loves us. That love is what changes us and it is that love that we must develop to prepare ourselves to return to Their presence. As Moroni said, in the Book of Mormon, Ether 12:33-34, " And again, I remember that thou hast said that thou hast loved the world, even unto the laying down of thy life for the world, that thou mightest take it again to prepare a place for the children of men. And now I know that this love which thou hast had for the children of men is charity; wherefore, except men shall have charity they cannot inherit that place which thou hast prepared in the mansions of thy Father." Mom used to tell me, "Love facilitates change." I know that it is the love of the Savior that changes our hearts and allows us to become what He would have us become. We become truly free and truly happy through His "merits and mercy and grace" (2 Nephi 2:8).

Love,
Elder Joe Fagersten

No comments:

Post a Comment