Wednesday, September 28, 2011

August 8, 2011

Hola,

Well, my time here in Sevilla is over. It has been incredible, and I feel so grateful for the experiences I have had here. Elder Ferreira is an amazing missionary and I love him sooooo much. It will be hard to leave these wonderful people, many of which are progressing in the gospel and close to entering into the covenant of baptism. President Clegg called me on Saturday morning and told me that I will be going to Fuengirola, to be the new mission secretary. Elder Stoner is the current secretary, and he will train me for three weeks, then leave. He and I entered the MTC on the exact same day - in fact we're the only two missionaries in our group. He's great and I am excited to be with him for a little while and then serve in a different way here in the mission. I'm not exactly sure what all of the responsibilities are but it's going to be different.

With that in mind, I have thought a lot about what I did with my time here in Sevilla. I see my time here as a very special time in my mission, and I am grateful to have had the opportunities and experiences that I have had here. The Lord has a plan for each of us and the purpose of that plan is our happiness. The plan is only possible because of Jesus Christ's perfect atonement. As Elder Bruce R. McConkie said, "Through it, all of the terms and conditions of the Father's eternal plan of salvation become operative." I know that the Savior lives, and that He came to this world to free us from death, and, upon those terms and conditions that God set, free us from sin. He is the light and life of the world. I love Him. I love the prophet Joseph Smith, to whom the Savior appeared, and through whom He restored the fulness of His gospel to the earth. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the true Church of God.

I thank each of you for your love and your kindness. It is a great blessing to me.

Love,
Elder Fagersten

No comments:

Post a Comment