Saturday, February 5, 2011

January 24, 2011



Hola mis queridos familiares y amigos,

This past week went great. On Thursday we went to Seville (Sevilla in spanish), and had a joint preparation day with our Zone, and in the afternoon we had a meeting with our Zone Leaders. On Friday we had a specialized training with President and Sister Clegg, and the Assistants to President, Elder Solari and Elder Brian. We had a great meeting and I learned a lot. We talked about our goals for the year as a mission, the standards that have been set, and our how we can improve our mission experience by really focusing, working hard, and having a positive attitude. President Clegg told us, "Attitude is everything." Our attitude really does make a difference. With faith in Jesus Christ and His atonement we can have a positive attitude, and it changes us.

We talk to a lot of people. A lot of people don't want to talk to us. Still, after each interaction we have a choice - we either choose to let it affect us negatively or positively - we either choose to get frustrated or choose to let it strengthen our testimony of the importance of what we're doing. I wouldn't be doing this if I didn't know it was true.

Thank you so much for your love and encouragement. Your testimones that you have shared with me through letters and emails have strengthened me and helped me keep a positive attitude as I go about this work. I love you! I love my Savior, Jesus Christ. He leads this Church. He leads this work. He restored his gospel and priesthood and church through the prophet, Joseph Smith. The Book of Mormon testifies of Christ. It is true.

If you think about and remember how much your Heavenly Father loves you, I promise you will smile. Do it. Did you smile?

Love,
Elder Fagersten

No comments:

Post a Comment