Tuesday, February 15, 2011

oops...december 20, 2010

just found this one....(hehe)

Felíz Navidad,

I hope you are all enjoying the Christmas season. It is wonderful. It is very different here in Spain but the spirit of the season is here just as strong.

This past week we had a meeting with our mission president, President Clegg, and his wife, along with other missionaries in this part of the country. We had a special Christmas meeting and we had a great time. President Clegg invited us to come to know Jesus Christ, personally, and really develop our relationship with Him.

I know that He lives and loves us. It is a privilege to bear my testimony of Him every day, and invite others to enjoy the blessings of His gospel, of His atonement, and of His love. Elder Han and I are doing well and we love serving in Huelva. The people here are wonderful and I love being here with them. It is true, I miss all of you, especially at this time of the year, but I am also very grateful to be here, serving a mission for Him whose birth we celebrate at this time of the year.

There are so many stories about Christmas. Stories that teach us of kindness, of gratitude, of selflessness, of sacrifice, of home, of family, and of love. All of them help us to feel the Spirit, remember our Savior, Jesus Christ, and deepen our gratitude to our Heavenly Father for the blessings that we have received. Make your own Christmas story this year. Do as the Prophet has counseled. Lend a helping hand. Smile. Serve one another. Sing together. Read together. Love.

I love you all! I love my Savior, Jesus Christ. He loves you! I know we can be happy with His help. Let the love of the Lord lead your lives.

Love,
Elder Fagersten

No comments:

Post a Comment