Friday, April 1, 2011

February 21, 2011

Hola,

What an awesome week! You all know, but I just saw that my little brother, Ben, has been called to serve as a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and assigned to labor in the Arizona Pheonix Mission!!!! I am so excited! I know that he has been called by a prophet of God. We had a good week, but that is definitely the highlight!

Elder Shaver is a stud! He's such a great missionary, he has a positive attitude, and the work ethic to go with it. This week we had Zone Conference and I was able to see my trainer, Elder Adams. He is serving in the San Fernando Zone, near Cadiz (to the south of us). It was great, and we received great instruction as well. The Spirit was there and taught me a lot of things that I can apply in my life to become a more faithful servant of the Lord; to become a consecrated missionary. President Earl and his wife were also there. He is the MTC President in Madrid. It was great to see him as well and talk with him for a little bit. I am so grateful for the wonderful leaders we have here. President and Hermana Clegg continue to love and encourage us and help us enjoy this wonderful experience.

This weekend, we went to Sevilla again for Stake Conference. Elder Teixiera of the Seventy, and Elder Hallstrom, of the Presidency of the Seventy, and their wives, came and spoke. It was a wonderful experience and again I felt the Spirit very powerfully. After the meeting was over I introduced Milagros, the girl that recently joined the church here, to Elder Hallstrom. Afterward she told me, "I don't know why, but when he shook my hand I felt like I was going to cry." She felt the Spirit, and the love that Elder Hallstrom has for the Lord. She is very sensitive to the Spirit and she is a strong and faithful member. The gospel means everything to her.


The 1st Counselor in the Stake Presidency (Dad, he's from Argentina!) gave a wonderful talk and shared a story I wanted to tell you as well. There was a family in our stake, and the husband recently lost his job. They needed to buy a car so that he could find new work and have more options for employment. After many prayers, struggles, and sacrifices on their part and from others, they had enough money to purchase a car for the family. It was a miracle and they were so grateful for that blessing from the Lord. A couple of days later, the husband said to his wife, "I know we have enough money now, but we can't buy the car. There is another family who doesn't have food to eat. We will give them the money so that they can have food on their table." Tears filled my eyes as I heard this story, and I felt such great love and gratitude for these people. They love their Savior. I thought of His sacrifice, and what He gave for me, and for each one of us. I know He lives and loves us. His atonement has the power to heal and change our lives. It is a privilege and honor to share this message of hope and love as one of His servants.

I love each of you and hope you are all doing well. Thank you for everything!

Love,
Elder Fagersten

No comments:

Post a Comment