Friday, April 1, 2011

March 21, 2011

¡Hola!

I hope everyone is doing well. I was way happy to hear that everything went well for Ben, going to the temple, and taking more steps on the road of growth and progress that is the gospel of Jesus Christ. How exciting!

When I lived at home, I talked to Dad about a lot of stuff. I asked him questions, told him how I was doing, expressed my concerns, shared my goals, my hopes and dreams, and he was always willing to be there and listen. He helped me a lot in my efforts to improve, to learn, and to grow. Well, I don't live at home anymore, and Dad isn't here in Spain with me. The communication is limited to one, very short hour that we have each week to write emails. So, in this time that I have been away, without Dad right there at the house, I have turned more to my Heavenly Father, in prayer, and have asked Him questions, told Him how I am doing, expressed my concerns, shared my goals, my hopes and my dreams, and He has always been there and listened. I know that He loves us and we can find great comfort and strength by communicating with Him, talking with Him, in prayer. His invitation is that we have faith in his Son, Jesus Christ, that we repent, that we honor our covenants, and receive a greater measure of his Spirit. In the Book of Mormon, we read the words of King Benjamin, who invited us to be humble, "calling on the name of the Lord daily, and standing steadfastly in the faith," and promised "that if [we] do this [we] shall always rejoice, and be filled with the love of God, and always retain a remission of [our] sins; and [we] shall grow in the knowledge of the glory of him that created [us], or in the knowledge of that which is just and true" (Mosiah 4:11,12). I know that this promise is true, and that it is fulfilled, as are all the promises of God, through the atonement of Jesus Christ. Our faith in Him, and His atoning sacrifice, will bring to us the highest and greatest blessings of our Father in Heaven.

This week, we had the privelege of helping one of our brothers enter into the "path which leads to eternal life" (2 Nephi 31:18). Benjamín entered in "the gate by which [we] should enter. For the gate by which [we] should enter is repentance and baptism by water; and then cometh a remission of [our] sins by fire and by the Holy Ghost" (2 Nephi 31:17). We had a beautiful baptismal service on Saturday afternoon, and on Sunday morning, he was confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and received the gift of the Holy Ghost. We have really enjoyed seeing him grow and progress, and we are anxious to continue to help him draw closer to Christ.

I love each of you soooo much! Thank you for everything. Each and every one of you are cherished, beloved children of God. Your happiness is His greatest desire.

Love,
Elder Fagersten

No comments:

Post a Comment