Wednesday, April 27, 2011

April 25, 2011

Hola,

The week of Easter, Semana Santa, is quite an event here in Sevilla. That Google search would entertain you for a while. However, it rained nearly all week, so we didn't see a lot of the processions and stuff they normally do.

Over the past few weeks I prayed a lot for comfort and strength to do those things the Lord expects of me. I wanted to know my standing before Him. I wanted to feel His love. I wanted to know if He was pleased with my efforts. With these things, and quite a few other things on my mind, I went to church. During the week I had been pondering quite a bit about the Savior's life and his Atonement, and tried to focus on Him while taking the sacrament and listening to the talks being given. While the Bishop gave his talk, he said something and I felt a warmth spread through my body. It went from the top of my head all the way down to my toes. It was brief, but it was real. I felt it, and I knew that the Lord loves me, He trusts me, and that with His help I can move forward. I felt encircled "in the arms of safety."

Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. He knows each of us. He extends His hand each day, to lift us, to strengthen us, and to lead us.

Love,
Elder Fagersten

No comments:

Post a Comment