Friday, April 1, 2011

March 28, 2011



Hola,

This week was absolutely fantastic. On Thursday we had a special Zone Conference in Sevilla with Elder Schutze, an Area Seventy, and his wife, who were here on a mission tour. He is an amazing man and we learned a lot. Elder Schutze grew up in East Germany, which, as we know, was under communist control. He didn't talk about that a lot, but you can imagine how difficult that would have been. Despite all of that, he grew and progressed in the gospel of Jesus Christ. He looked to the Light of the world, when the world around him was dark. He told us, "We didn't have Church manuals or magazines. They couldn't get to us. We had these (pointing to his scriptures). This is what we had." The scriptures were his light and his guide. As he spoke to us, his words were filled with faith and power and testimony. He knows his Savior. I left that conference strenghtened in my testimony that Jesus Christ is our Savior and our Redeemer, the Son of God. I have a greater desire to strengthen my relationship with Him and continue to "learn of [Him], and listen to [His] words; walk in the meekness of [His] Spirit, and...have peace in [Him]" (D&C 19:23).

Another thing that we did that made this a great week was a fireside. Last night we met at the chapel and Elder Shaver, Elder Niebergall and I taught the message of the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ through music and narration. Elder Shaver played the guitar and sang, Elder Niebergall narrated and sang, and I played the piano and sang. We have been working on it for a few weeks and I know that the Spirit helped us do it. It went really well. The people said they felt the Spirit and felt strengthened by the message. It was a great experience for us. We felt the Lord's hand help us through the program and things went so well. It strengthened my testimony of this message and this work.

I know that my Redeemer lives. He loves us. He wants us to be happy. I invite each of you to seek and strive to know Him. It will help you while preparing for General Conference and in this Easter season.

Thank you so much for everything.

Love,
Elder Fagersten

No comments:

Post a Comment