Monday, November 14, 2011

October 1, 2011

Hola,

This week has gone by very quickly. On Tuesday, a group of new missionaries came in. They came late because they had to wait for their visas, but they are all here now. I enjoyed being part of the welcome to the mission and seeing how excited (and a little nervous) they all were. There is a new couple that will be here in the office. The Stevens, from Idaho. Brother Stevens grew up on a farm in Utah I think and when I told him I was from Iowa and that my dad works at John Deere he got pretty excited. I had to explain to him that I grew up "in town" but I guess there are some things I've learned about the farm. I told him about the Youngblut's delicious sweet corn and how they had taught me some stuff out there. So, it's a lot of fun.

Last Sunday, Brother Pedía, a member of the Stake High Council, spoke in the English Branch, and said something that impacted me a lot. He said, "Doubt enters our lives when we forget." That is so true! The scriptures tell us to remember all of the time. Part of our baptismal covenant that we renew every week with the sacrament is that we will "always remember Him." Our covenants help us keep the commandments, and the commandments help us keep and honor our covenants. We have the goal and we have received the commandment to become like Him. If we strive to "always remember Him" we will change and we will become more like Him.

I want you all to know how much I love you. I really do.

-Elder Joe Fagersten

No comments:

Post a Comment