Monday, November 14, 2011

September 17, 2011

Hola,

President Clegg went to Denmark last week for the Mission Presidents Seminar. Elder David A. Bednar visited them and taught them. During our Specialized Training meetings with President and Hermana Clegg this week, they told us about the conference and how it was to be there with an apostle. President Clegg asked us a question that Elder Bednar asked them during his time with them. The question was, "What is the worst sin you could commit?" Everybody immediately thought of the serious sins, things that are really bad. Then, President said, "You know what Elder Bednar told us? He said the worst sin you can commit is the one you think you can get away with." There is a lot of wisdom in that. It really made me think, and it's true.

Miracles are continuing to occur in our mission. About a month ago, a lady called the mission office and I answered the phone. She asked if there was the Church was in Almería. I told her yes and since I began my mission there, I was able to tell her exactly where it was. I then gave her the phone number for the Hermanas (the sister missionaries) there in Almería, then I just kept on going with my normal office tasks. Well, yesterday, President Clegg told us that this lady is getting baptized! I can't remember if it is going to happen today or next week, but it was a amazing to hear that. All I did was pass along some information, and the Hermanas did a great job following up with her and teaching and inviting her. So, one of the many things that I keep learning here is that there are many things we do that, perhaps without us even realizing it, are part of the Lord's plan to bless the lives of others. As a mission we have a goal to baptize 300+ people this year and we are well on our way. This weekend we will match the total number of baptisms we had all of last year. All of us are focused and working to increase our faith and give our all in the service of the Lord.

Carlos and Alexandra are working on getting married so that they will be able to be baptized. Today, Juan Camilo, Alexandra's son, and Rosa, Alexandra's mother, will be baptized. We are so excited! We have felt so happy to see them have personal, spiritual experiences, and see the Spirit teach them the truths of the restored gospel.

I know that the Lord, Jesus Christ, is our Savior and Redeemer. He is our Brother. As Elder Richard G. Scott once said, "He is not an absent Lord." He is very much aware of and involved in our lives. In Revelation 3:20 we read His words: "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him." I know that He is there. He really is there. He loves us.

Love,
Elder Joe Fagersten

No comments:

Post a Comment