Monday, November 14, 2011

October 29, 2011

Hola,

Well, this is the last week of the transfer. I am not going anywhere, this transfer, or the next probably. In the office, you have to train your replacement for a transfer before you leave, and since nobody is coming this transfer, I know I will be here through Christmas and the New Year. You will never guess who the new Assistant to President Clegg is.... Elder Ferreira! The same that was my companion in Sevilla. He came on Thursday. It is great to have him around. We all live together, Elder Ferreira, Elder Fetzer, Elder Taylor and I. Now Elder Taylor is the only one whose last name doesn't begin with an "F". There are a LOT of changes throughout the mission! There are 2 missionaries going home, 7 new missionaries coming in, and 32 other missionaries are transferring to new areas. I spent a lot of time today working on those travel plans.

This week Elder Taylor and I finally had the chance to do some service! I'm talking about service where you sweat get your hands dirty. We helped a couple (the Turners) from the English Branch remove the concrete tiles they had for their patio and stacked them on some pallets. Each tile weighed 35 pounds and we removed and stacked 338 of them! It took us a little less than three hours to get the job done, then Sister Turner made us Yorkshire Pudding. It was delicious!

Today we went up to Mijas, a little town up on the side of the mountain. It's called the white city - all of the houses and buildings up there are white walls. A good friend of ours, Brice, works at a leather shop up there, so we visited him and saw a little bit more of the village. We brought the Massaros (the mission nurses) and the Stevens (who are in the office with Elder Taylor and I). We had a lot of fun.

I want you all to know how much I love you. I love you a lot. I really do. I love my Savior and I love the opportunity I have to be one of His full-time missionaries. God has not ceased to be a God of miracles. He lives! He loves us! He has prepared and provided the way for us to be happy - truly happy. He invites us to come unto Him and partake of His goodness. I know that when we let Him in to our lives, and into our hearts, deep down in there, we have peace and purpose in our lives.

Love,
Elder Fagersten

No comments:

Post a Comment