Monday, November 14, 2011

September 24, 2011

Hola,

I have learned sooooo much this week! The baptism last Saturday went great. The grandma, Rosa, doesn't see very well and she's not as strong as she used to be. Elder Stoner helped her into the font and I stood in there as well to help her go under the water and get back up again. It all went fine, and when she came back up the just looked at Elder Stoner and said, "Thank you, Elder. Thank you." Next came little Juan Camilo, and I baptized him. After we had changed and all of that, they shared their testimonies. When Juan Camilo finished giving his testimony, instead of going straight to his seat to sit down where he was before, he came up to me and gave me a hug and said thank you and started crying. We have continued to visit them this week and I have felt so much love from Heavenly Father for these people, and they have helped me feel Heavenly Father's love for me.

Elder Stoner left this week, and guess where he went. Sevilla! He will be there with Elder Thomas and they will work in the other ward (Sevilla 2), but they're in the same apartment as Elder Ferreira and his companion, Elder Alejandre. Elder Stoner taught me a lot, especially about forgiving myself and moving forward. He's a great missionary and I will miss him, but I will see him around. He and I will end our missions at the same time (unless something comes up). Elder Adam Taylor is my new companion. He's from "la fabrica" (the factory) as they call it here - a.k.a. Utah. He's awesome. I love him to death, and I really look up to him (he's 6' 7"). Seriously though, he is great.

I know that the Lord knows each of us perfectly and personally. He doesn't just know things about us, he knows us. He invites us to come to know Him; to know Him, not just know things about Him. We simply need to follow the path that He has prepared. Our Heavenly Father's plan is perfect. We have the opportunity to learn more and better understand this plan next weekend in General Conference. I know that Thomas S. Monson is the Lord's prophet, and that the Apostles are special witnesses of Christ. They know Him. They are true prophets, seers, and revelators. We will know how to follow that path that He has prepared as we listen to the Holy Ghost and heed the words of the Lord's servants here on the earth.

I love all of you.

Love,
Elder Joe Fagersten

No comments:

Post a Comment