Thursday, May 31, 2012

April 30, 2012

Hola,

We had a fantastic week.  Oh, and just to let you know, I changed my mind about school this fall.  I have decided I will go to BYU-Idaho!

On Monday, Elder Jones went to Fuengirola for a District Leader Training meeting, so Elder Wright and Elder Tenney, who serve in Lorca, came and spent the day with me, then I went with them to Lorca on Tuesday.  We had a good time.  Elder Tenney is new - he arrived a week and a half ago - and he's a great missionary.  Wednesday we had district meeting and in the afternoon we taught some great people.  On Thursday we finally got in touch with one of ouf investigators with whom we hadn't talked in about 2 weeks.  That was a miracle.  Then on Friday, we found two teenage boys who we are going to teach, and had a lesson with another investigator which was also a miracle.  We found him right as he was leaving his apartment and we were able to talk with him for a while.  It was great.

On Saturday, we visited a member who is from Venezuela and she taught us how to make "arepas," which are kind of like pancakes, but not really.  You make the dough, then you form them into pancake looking things, then you fry them in oil, take them out, cut them in half and fill the inside with butter, cheese, or whatever else you want, and you eat them.  They are delicious!

Yesterday was Pedro's birthday.  He is the first counselor in the Branch Presidency.  Elder Jones and I made some posters for him, and after church we went with his wife, Rosa, and his daughters, Julia and Belkis, and put up the posters and stuff before he got back from his meetings.  They're a great family.  They're from Honduras, but have lived here for about 5 years, I think.  Rosa also taught me how to make "tortilla de patata" and we did it quite well.  Elder Jones and I brought vanilla ice cream, bananas, strawberries, chocolate syrup, carmel syrup, and whipped cream, so we had banana splits for the dessert.  It was fun.

Throughout the week, my testimony of the truth of this work has grown and strengthened.  I know that it's true!  The true church and gospel of Jesus Christ have been restored to the earth.  I am grateful for this knowledge, and I am grateful for the opportunity to share my testimony of it with these people, and invite them to come and see and know for themselves that these things are true.

Love,
Elder Fagersten in Spain

No comments:

Post a Comment