Thursday, May 31, 2012

May 21, 2012

Hola,

Well, this past week we had Zone Conference in Murcia.  It's our tradition that during a missionary's last Zone Conference he/she gives his/her "final testimony."  It seemed a bit strange to actually be one of those missionaries!  But I was able to see a lot of missionaries one more time and I enjoyed it a lot.

This week will be my last week as a full-time missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  The feelings are many.  I have come to love these people so much, even though the majority don't accept our invitation.  They don't really understand what we offer, nor the importance of the message that we bring.  I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer.  He has restored His true Church.  There are living prophets and apostles on the earth today.  God lives.  He speaks.  He is just as much involved in the happiness and salvation of his children today as he was anciently.  The Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ.  It serves as evidence of the divinity and reality of the calling of Joseph Smith as the prophet that the Lord called and through whom He restored His church.  I know, with all of my heart, that these things are true.

Love,
Elder Fagersten in Spain

No comments:

Post a Comment