Thursday, May 31, 2012

May 14, 2012

Hola,

Elder Jones and I had another great week!  I don't think I have ever enjoyed my mission as much as I am now.  I know that the promises of the Lord are true, especially this one: "And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up" (D&C 84:88).  The Lord has literally strengthened our bodies and our minds and our spirits so as to enable us to do His work in His way.  He has led us and guided us to those who are willing to listen to the message of the restoration of His gospel and His church.

Yesterday, I really enjoyed having the opportunity to talk with Mom, Dad and Jacob.  I am glad that things are going well.  I am excited to see all of you soon!  Well, I won't see Elder Fagersten in Arizona for a little while still, but it will come quicker than we think!

During this these past few weeks I have come to love the people more deeply and I have come to love the Lord more deeply.  The events or experiences are now in the past, but the lessons learned will influence my future.  I know that the Lord's plan for us is perfect.  His infinite atonement provides for us the means by which we receive forgiveness of our sins and we have the faith to obey His commandments.  His healing and enabling power will lift us and lead us along.  He wants us to be happy, and we can be happy, because through Him we can be made whole.

Love,
Elder Fagersten in Spain

No comments:

Post a Comment