Saturday, April 7, 2012

February 27, 2012

Hola,
What a week.  Last Monday I found out that I have been accepted to BYU!  I have decided that I will attend there, beginning in the fall of this year.  Last time I was in Provo, I was going to the MTC to begin my mission.  Now I will be going to begin the rest of my life!  I am excited for that.
The province of "La Mancha" is farther north than most of the mission.  The accent is different here, and it's a bit colder, although it has warmed up quite a bit over the past week.  I have found more fans of Real Madrid here than in other areas, although Barcelona has quite a following here as well.  Elder Barney and I had a great week.  We continue to feel the blessings and help of the Lord.  At times, I feel really tempted to focus on the things that aren't going so great and the things that I can't control.  I have learned that prayer is a great blessing and source of strength for us.  The words of the hymn are true:  "Oh, how praying rests the weary.  Prayer will change the night to day.  So, when life gets dark and dreary, don't forget to pray."  Heavenly Father loves us.  He is very much aware of us.  When we focus on the things we can control - our thoughts and our actions - and choose to make those thoughts and actions bring us closer to Christ, we find greater peace and a greater capacity to face our problems and decisions with faith and hope.
Our small branch grows little by little, and we continue to work together to invite others to come unto Christ.  That invitation changes lives.  It has changed mine.  I am grateful to have the opportunity to extend that invitation every day.
Love,
Elder Fagersten in Spain

No comments:

Post a Comment