Saturday, April 7, 2012

March 5, 2012

Hola,

Suprise!  I am getting transferred to Huercal-Overa, a little town north of Almería, where I started my mission.  President Clegg called on Friday morning and told me.  Elder Barney will be training a new missionary.  Even though I have only been here three months, I really came to love the people and it was hard to say good-bye on Sunday.  The people here are wonderful and I will miss them a lot.  My new companion is Elder Card.  I have met him before, but don't know him very well.  I am excited to get to know him and work with him.  I thought I would finish my mission here in Puertollano, but the Lord has something else in mind.  It has been great to serve with Elder Barney.  He's amazing!  We have worked hard and had a lot of fun.


I am grateful that the Lord loves us.  I am grateful that He gives us opportunities to love others and to serve them.  Mom always used to tell me, "Love facilitates change."  That is true!  His love has the power to change us, to strengthen us, and to "cleanse [us] from all unrighteousness" (Alma 7:14).  I love each of you and thank you for loving me.  The capacity to love, the willingness to sacrifice, and the faith to obey come from God.  "All things which are good cometh of God...for every thing which inviteth to do good, and to persuade to believe in Christ, is sent forth by the power and gift of Christ" (Moroni 7:12,16).


It is a blessing to show this love to the people here in Spain and to see that love change their lives.  I know this is the true Church of Jesus Christ.  He leads it, and He is very involved in the details of our lives.  He's right there beside us, waiting and inviting us to take a hold of his hand so that He can "lead [us] along" (D&C 78:17-18).


Love,
Elder Fagersten in Spain

No comments:

Post a Comment