Saturday, April 7, 2012

January 30, 2012

Hola,

Transfer week is always interesting.  Many emotions, as usual.  I will miss Elder Seely a lot.  We went to Ciudad Real for transfers - all of us met there because that's where the bigger train station is in our district.  So, after a delicious, nutritious lunch at McDonalds (heehee), Elder Seely left at about 2 p.m.  Hermana Vega, who I met on her first day in the mission becuase I was in the office, arrived a little bit after that.  The Hermanas went back to their apartment for mediodía and the rest of us, the Elders, we went to the chapel.  At 5 p.m., Elder Triana, Hermana Letendre, and Hermana Collett left.  Hermana Letendre also came into the mission while I was in the office.  She's from Connecticut and she's a Red Sox fan, so we always gave each other a hard time about that.  But anyway, Elder Barney and Elder Rodriguez didn't arrive until 8 p.m., so we spent the afternoon contacting people in the street and knocking doors.  When we met up in the train station again at 8, we gave the Hermanas the information of the people we had talked to that wanted to learn more.


Elder Barney is great, and yes, he is from Boise, Idaho.  He's a big Boise State fan too.  He went to the MTC with his sister!  She's serving her mission in Texas, also speaking Spanish.  There are seven children in his family, and he is the second oldest.  He's a great missionary and I'm really grateful to serve with him.  Unfortunately, the first few days with Elder Barney did not go well because I came down with some sort of a mix between strep throat and the flu.  So, we stayed in the apartment for a few days while I recovered.  I feel better now but Elder Barney appears to coming down with it as well.  Hopefully he won't.


Despite all of that, I learned a lot this week.  I used a lot of the time I was sick to study and think about things.  It really is important to take some time to ponder and reflect.  I feel so grateful for the many, many, many blessings that I have received.  I know that the true gospel and church of Jesus Christ have been restored in their fulness.  The Book of Mormon is powerful evidence of that restoration.  Families can be together forever.  We can have hope and peace in our lives.  The opportunity is ours.  The invitation is extended.  I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer.  I love Him.  And I love all of you!  I hope you're all doing well.


Love,
Elder Fagersten in Spain

No comments:

Post a Comment