Saturday, April 7, 2012

January 16, 2012

Hola,
Time is flying by!  We are already in the last week of the transfer!  On Friday or Saturday we will probably know if Elder Seely is being transferred or not.  He has been since I went to the office in August, so it is very possible that he will leave, but there is also a chance that he will stay.  We will see.
Puertollano is a wonderful place.  On Saturday, we went to Ciudad Real and had a little tournament of "futbol sala" which is played on a concrete court and five players on each side.  The other branches in the district, Ciudad Real, Valdepeñas, and Alcázar de San Juan came and we enjoyed it a lot.
I am so grateful for the opportunity to be a missionary, and I am so grateful for each of you for supporting me during this time.  I have never experienced something so challenging and at the same time so wonderful as a full-time mission.  President Clegg has often said that salvation isn't cheap, and it's not easy.  This work never has been easy for anybody, it isn't easy for anybody now, and it never will be easy for anybody.  When I have felt sad or frustrated because people reject the message or because they don't listen to us, my thoughts have often turned to the Savior, who loved and taught so perfectly and was still rejected by so many.  His faith in his Father's plan never wavered, and His will was swallowed up in the will of the Father.  I know that He is our perfect example and He is so happy when we try to follow Him, even if we slip and trip along the way.  I have slipped and tripped on my mission more than once, but when I have looked to Him, He has always helped me get back up and keep going.  He's with us every step of the way.
Love,
Elder Fagersten

No comments:

Post a Comment