Saturday, December 31, 2011

December 12, 2011

Muy buenos días,

Well, I have a surprise... I'm getting transferred this week! President Clegg called me on Thursday and told me that I will be going to Puertollano with Elder Seely.
I'm kind of sad that I won't be here for Christmas, but it's okay. On Monday, Elder Manning, my zone leader, told me that the choir in Málaga wanted to do a Christmas program as well, so we just decided we would let them do a program instead of us. We are okay with that because it would have taken a lot of work that we wouldn't have had time for. Elder Thornley, who I am training here in the office, seems a little nervous about taking over after only two weeks, but he will do fine. He learns really quickly, keeps things organized, and gets things done. Also, he can call me whenever he has a question about something, so, he won't need to worry about that.

Transfers always bring about a lot of emotions, a lot of reflection and meditation. I love the people here in Fuengirola. I have learned so much while serving here and have met some amazing people! The Lord has blessed me in so many ways and I feel so grateful for the time that I have served here. I know He lives! I know He loves me! Christmas time is a really special opportunity for us to feel that love and to come unto Him. I know that He appreciates every effort we make to live His gospel. His grace is sufficient to make weak things become strong (Ether 12:27). Because of His perfect atonement He can lift the heaviest burdens and heal the deepest wounds. He has drunk the most bitter cup. And He did it because He loves us. His faith in his Heavenly Father's plan never failed. He has prepared the way for us and He will never, ever give up on us.

I love you all so much.

Love,
Elder Fagersten

No comments:

Post a Comment