Saturday, December 31, 2011

December 26, 2011

Hola,
I hope you all enjoyed Christmas. I sure did! In the morning we only had sacrament meeting, no other classes. We did a special program where we read the Christmas story out of Luke 2 and had people share their testimonies. We also sang Christmas songs together as part of it.



Our branch president is from Ecuador and they roasted a pig, an entire pig, and we ate it. It was pretty good, but also pretty gross. There were times I had no idea what I was biting into and some parts were really chewy, but we enjoyed it.


The best part was talking with our families. It was wonderful to hear everyone's voices and be able to talk for a little bit. The time went by really quickly, but it was definitely the best part of the day.

We visited a family in the afternoon, on Christmas day, and we shared a message with them about the true spirit of Christmas and about how much we have been given. I feel so grateful for my family because it is such a huge blessing. Heavenly Father gave me a great gift when He put me in my family. I am also grateful for the gift of his Son, Jesus Christ. I am grateful that He loved us enough to come to the earth and provide for us the means by which salvation can come. He wants us to return to Him with our families. I am also grateful for the gift He gave me when He called me to serve a mission in Spain. This has truly been the greatest experience of my life. I know that the fulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ was restored to the earth through the Prophet, Joseph Smith. The Book of Mormon is true. The plan for our happiness is laid out before us in plainness and purity. The atonement of our Savior, Jesus Christ is central to that plan - it puts it all into affect. I know this is true.

Love,
Elder Fagersten

No comments:

Post a Comment