Monday, December 13, 2010

Mon, Sep 6, 2010


Hola,

Well, this past week was quite an adventure. Elder Adams, my trainer, went to a special training at the mission home in Fuengirola along with all the other Trainers, District Leaders, Zone Leaders, and Assistants in the mission. Elder Hurley, Elder Marchello's trainer, went to Málaga on an exchange so that Elder Adams would have someone to travel with. This left Elder Marchello, who arrived the transfer before I did, and myself, to handle the entire city of Almería from Tuesday until Friday night. We survived. : ) Haha. No, we learned a lot, but it certainly was not easy. We would talk with people on the street, look at each other, neither of us not exactly sure what the person just said, but did our best.

Really, that's what the Lord asks of us, that we do our best. He wants us to learn and grow, and when we do our best, He is pleased. I'm amazed at all of the blessings He so willingly gives us.

Something about Almería: This is true for all of Spain too, but the cars here are tiny, as are the streets. And talk about parallel parking - there's no other kind of parking here. Dad, I think you would be impressed by their parking skills.

Also, I need to find a map of the United States, one with Iowa, so I can show people where I'm from. I have yet to talk to a person that knows where it is.

There are so many experiences to tell about, but the most important experiences here, and in all of our lives, are those that bring us closer to our Heavenly Father. The truth is, all of our experiences can bring us closer to Him when we choose to look to Him.

I love you all and hope you're doing well.

Love,
Elder Fagersten

No comments:

Post a Comment