Monday, December 13, 2010

November 29, 2010


Hola,

December is almost upon us and I don't think I will see snow on Christmas. It has rained all week, and it's raining again today, but I doesn't really snow here. Oh well.

Things are going well. Elder Han and I had a great Thanksgiving. We even ate pumpkin pie.

I am so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ. The Bible and the Book of Mormon teach us the gospel, the plan that our Heavenly Father has revealed for us to be happy. Elder Han and I have had some great experiences teaching people these things.

On Sunday, the Primary children presented their program during sacrament meeting. I played the piano for them. They did a wonderful job and I felt the Spirit as they shared their testimonies of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. I love hearing them read the scriptures and sing songs that help me remember who I am, that I am a child of God. The Lord is very aware of who we are. His hand is in our lives. I have seen it in my life, in very sacred, important experiences, but also in very small, simple experiences. I know that He loves us. I know that the Savior lives. By being humble, being obedient, having faith, repenting, and honoring our covenants, we grow spiritually. The Holy Ghost has a greater role in our lives, and we are changed through the atonement of Christ. This gospel is a gospel of love, a gospel of progression, and a gospel of transformation. We become happier, we become more like the Savior, as we strive to keep His commandments and simply do the best we can. His commandments and teachings are the way to happiness, true, eternal happiness.

I love you all so much.

Love,
Elder Fagersten

No comments:

Post a Comment