Monday, December 13, 2010

November 8, 2010

There is loads of stuff that went on this week. First, some random things:

Yesterday, I saw a John Deere tractor.

In Spanish there are some words that are very similar but mean very different things. For example, casado and cansado. We were at a Family Home Evening and I was asking Sofia if she was tired. Well, I thought I was. I said, "¿Está casada?" She looked at me wierd, then I asked her again, "¿Está casada?" She started laughing and I realized what I had been saying. I had been asking her if she was married instead of asking her if she was tired (Sofia is 18 and she is not married). Casado means married, cansado means tired. So, that was interesting. But yes, she was a little tired.

Anyway, this week, I went to Fuéngirola, to the Mission Home, for a meeting there along with about 25 other missionaries. Elder Hurley came with me from Almería and we really enjoyed it. We learned a lot about becoming better teachers, better missionaries, and how practicing helps us develop the skills that the Lord wants us to use in inviting others to come unto Him.

Yesterday we had Stake Conference in Granada. There was great counsel given to us about changing our perspective and developing Christlike love - charity. I really felt the Spirit and it strengthened my testimony of the Savior, of his atonement, and how it changes us.

When we were at the Mission Home, President Clegg took me into his office and told me that I am being transferred to Huelva. It's on the west coast of Spain (the opposite side of the country) and I will be in the Sevilla Zone. My companion will be Elder Han. I am going to miss Almería a lot. I love these people.

I know the gospel is true. Jesus Christ restored his church and gospel through the Prophet Joseph Smith. The truth has been restored. I know that the Savior lives and loves us. His atonement gives us the opportunity to change, to repent, to be healed, and to be happy.

Love,
Elder Fagersten

No comments:

Post a Comment