Monday, December 13, 2010

September 20, 2010


Hello everyone. Almería is fantastic. We are continuing to know the city better and better, as well as the people here. Dad, you were right, it does take about 6 weeks to get an idea of where things are, meet the people, and figure some things out. I enjoy this so much!

The other night, Elder Adams and I went to the house of a family in our ward, and when I say house, I mean apartment. Hardly anyone has a house. That's one thing about Spain - there are bunch of apartments and hardly any houses. Anyway, we went to this family's house, Jose Manuel and his family, and guess what I ate... OCTOPUS! ( I wish I could better understand what they were saying while describing how to make these things and what was in it, but I'll do my best...) He caught the octopus a couple weeks before. He told us that you need to let the octopus sit in the fridge for a week or so, then you cook it (not sure how) then you cut it up and put it in with onions and tomatoes and peppers - kind of like salsa but not really... there's other stuff in there too. I guess it was a recipe from the north of Spain, and yes, it was really good.

Right now we are teaching a man named Jesús. He is preparing to be baptized and receive the gift of the Holy Ghost the week after General Conference. It is amazing to feel the responsibility and love that come with teaching people the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. Elder Adams and I continually work on helping these people come unto Christ. It is true joy to see the gospel change lives, including my own.

I love you all and hope that you find joy in every day.


- Elder Fagersten

No comments:

Post a Comment