Monday, December 13, 2010

November 16, 2010


Hola from Huelva,

This is where I am now. The city of Huelva. Elder Han is my companion (see attached picture). He's Korean, but he grew up near Philadelphia. He's awesome and I love serving with him. We are working hard and really putting our faith in the Lord as we do this work.

Almería was really amazing. I had wonderful experiences and I love the people there. Elder Hurley went home last week. I left on Wednesday morning, about 10 minutes before he did. I really enjoyed being with him. Elder Adams and Elder Dunoskovic are in Almería now, just those two. Elder Adams was great. He was such a patient companion and he always looked for ways to enjoy this experience of serving a mission.

The train ride was about 5 hours from Almería to Sevilla. In Sevilla, I waited about an hour and a half for my train to Huelva. Elder Han and I are the only missionaries here in Huelva, so we have the piso to ourselves. We are about a 10 minute walk from the Church. I love the ward. They are good people and I'm excited to serve them and get to know them better. Here's our address:

Avda. Costa de la Luz Nº 27, 5-D
21002 Huelva, Huelva
España

Yesterday, we had Zone Conference. It as wonderful and I learned a lot. We talked about having faith; having faith not just to serve, but faith to succeed. With the Lord, all things are possible. Through His atonement we change and become converted - we do and become what He would have us do and become. Through this process, which we work on and go through our entire life, we find joy and peace in Him. I know the Savior lives and loves us. We have the opportunity to come unto Him. He has extended the invitation. He is there. 2 Nephi 9:21-23

I love each of you and think of you often.

Love,
Elder Fagersten

No comments:

Post a Comment