Monday, December 13, 2010

October 18, 2010

¡Buenos días!

Well, things are great here in Almería, Spain. The weather is cooling off a little bit, Elder Adams is wonderful, and we are loving this time together as full-time missionaries.

This past week we had a "Specialized Training" in Granada. We talked about the Book of Mormon, how it is crucial to our testimony and conversion to Jesus Christ, and that through the Spirit we know that it is true. The confirming voice of the Spirit then brings us to the knowledge that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God, and that the Lord, through Joseph Smith, has restored his true church and gospel, along with proper Priesthood authority to administer the ordinances of salvation and direct all the affairs of the church. I know that this is true.

Thank you for all of your prayers and love. I feel so grateful to have so many blessings in my life. This is hard work. It's really hard, but I am absolutely sure that I am in the right place, doing the right thing, at the right time. I often think of what President Eyring said in a General Conference a little while ago, that when he thinks he has just completed a hard task, and feels ready for a break or some time to relax, he thinks to himself, "Remember Him!" Jesus Christ gave everything for us. We can find strength in Him as we remember that, come unto Him, and allow His atonement to change our hearts. For this I am and will be forever grateful.

I love you!

Love,
Elder Fagersten

No comments:

Post a Comment