Monday, December 13, 2010

November 25, 2010

Plaza de Espana, Sevilla
Hola,

Happy Thanksgiving. This week we changed our preparation day because Elder Han and I came here to Dos Hermanas for District Meeting, and in a little bit, we are going to the house of one of the members near here that is serving in the U.S. Military and stationed at one of the bases here in Spain. I think it's an Air Force Base. So, we're going to have Thanksgiving dinner with them!

Just one thing, as much as I wish I could, we are only allowed to email members of our immediate family. That is our rule as a mission. Just for your information. Some people have sent me some emails and I just wanted to let you know I am not ignoring you.

We had a fantastic week. On Saturday night we went to the dedication of the new Stake Center in Sevilla. That building took 12 years to get the land and permits and everything else to construct it. It's beautiful and we enjoyed it a lot.

On Tuesday, the Assistants to the President came to Huelva and we spent the day on exchanges. I was with Elder Solari, and we had a wonderful day. We felt the Spirit really powerfully in our companionship study while reading the Book of Mormon and talking about it. It helped me a lot.

I am so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am grateful for the atonement. It is through the atonement, and obedience to the laws and ordinances of the gospel that we are happy. At times we have difficulties, challenges, and things we have to change, but can just slow down, and take life one day at a time. Slow progress is better than no progress. Every effort we make to come closer to the Lord will make a difference for good. The atonement changes our hearts, we become more loving, and our lives have purpose no matter what we experience.

I love you and want to give you thanks for your love. I know that the Savior lives. He wants you to be happy. He has prepared the way for us. He is the way. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to be a full-time missionary. It is wonderful.

I hope all is well. May the Lord bless you.

Love,
Elder Fagersten

No comments:

Post a Comment